Being a mother is a blessing. I wouldn’t change anything if I had the chance to do it over again. My children are the best part of me. The part of me I will never regret. The part of me I will always love. There’s nothing I wish more than to see my children happy, safe, and educated.
Life is short. We only have so much time to pass the lessons we’ve learned to our children, especially the ones we learned the hard way. Parents want to see their children succeed. We would do anything to spare our children from pain and harm.
Death is part of the cycle of life. It’s best to be prepared for the inevitable. If I were to die, what would I want to tell my children? What would I like them to know?
Things I want my children to remember:
- Family before friends.
- Everything you own can be taken away except your education.
- Be street smart as well as book smart.
- Knowledge lasts longer than beauty.
- Respect is harder to earn than money.
- Live simply but don’t simply live.
- Know how to say “No.”
- Know when to speak up and when to keep quiet.
- Learn to listen.
- Pay attention to the little things because they are the beginning of something bigger.
- A relationship is always a work in progress.
- Do right, sleep tight.
- Kindness is free, give it generously.
- Learn from your mistakes. Don’t let them define you.
- Mistakes are character builders.
- Passion is the spice of life. Season your life as much as you can.
- If you fall, Get Up. If you fail, Try again.
- If it were easy. We would all be doctors and millionaires. Don’t give up.
- Life is like a wheel. You will not always be on the bottom or top. Be humble when you’re on top, be strong when you’re on the bottom.
- You don’t have to be the smartest just be the most persistent and consistent.
- I believe in you, but what’s more important is that YOU believe in yourself.
- You are worthy of love, happiness, and success. Don’t let anyone tell you different.
- Your word and actions mean nothing without Integrity.
- Have faith but be prepared to work.
- Success comes with hard work.
- You can choose to be drama free.
- Happiness is a choice.
- when Life becomes overwhelming, just have to take it one step at a time, one day at a time.
- I got your six. I will always have your back.
- I will always love you.